The Buddh International Circuit is nothing if not dusty. While the track configuration should lend itself to overtaking, the lack of grip off-line is going to make it difficult to pass. A lot will depend on how the DRS zones, located on the start/finish straight and the long run to the Turn 4 right-hander, pan out.
Most likely, a driver is going to need to be ahead into the braking zone to make anything stick - and then hope that the dust picked up on their tyres doesn't cost them too much grip in the next few corners as they clean up. Unfortunately, a late-braking move up the inside will likely result only in running far too deep into the corner.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.