Lewis Hamilton - two of the most emotive words in Formula 1. To give an opinion or mention his name seems to provoke a dramatic reaction from fans and critics alike.
The Korean Grand Prix weekend was no different.
Hamilton could barely raise a smile after his Korean GP pole © LAT
I don't write this lightly as I can already foresee the response it could create, purely because of the subject matter.
I think Hamilton has the most passionate and protective fans of any F1 driver on the grid; every time we mention his name on the BBC, there'll be someone who'll criticise us for a perceived bias against him.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.