Suzuka is regarded as one of the greatest challenges for drivers in Formula 1 and has produced some of the most dramatic moments in grand prix racing since hosting its first world championship race back in 1987.
From the Ayrton Senna v Alain Prost battles of 1988-90 to great home performances to sensational title denouements, Suzuka has rarely disappointed.
AUTOSPORT picks out 10 of the great Suzuka moments to cherish.
Sato's comeback proved BAR was right to oust Villeneuve at Suzuka © LAT
10. Sato's star drive (2003)
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.