If you've ever visited some of the more remote pockets of northern California, you might have seen guys like the one who currently has Will Power's attention in the paddock at Sears Point.
Not that Power has much choice. Roughly six feet tall, the gentleman is probably in his fifties, although near-permanent exposure to the sun has given his skin a leathery hue that makes it difficult to pinpoint his true age.
Long, straggly, greying hair hangs from beneath his brimmed hat, although his singlet is neatly tucked in behind a glinting belt buckle.
He's pointing to a blank spot on his otherwise heavily tattooed arm, having just declared his intention to fill the space with an illustration of the Penske racer.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.