All the early news and gossip in Singapore was alliterative - kerbs, curfews and Kimi.
You can never get too excited about kerbs. Okay, they delayed practice and looked like they might become a nuisance, but you knew they'd be sorted.
Why were they dislodging this year when they hadn't before? It seems that the same fixing points and bolts were being used and the threads were becoming a little second-hand, not assisted by over-enthusiastic use of hammers by the locals.
Kerbs proved probematic in Singapore © sutton-images.com
The strategy most adopt for Singapore is to stay on European time. Keep going until 5-6am, go to bed, remember to switch on the 'do not disturb' light, get up around 1pm, shower and head into the circuit.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.