The action at the Italian Grand Prix has ignited much debate about what is fair defensive driving and what is overstepping the mark.
Derek Daly was the drivers' steward at Monza and he has been quoted saying that at the time the Michael Schumacher/Lewis Hamilton block at Curva Grande occurred, the stewards were busy looking into an incident involving Felipe Massa and Jarno Trulli.
Daly has said that he believes Schumacher's chop on Hamilton warranted a drive-through penalty at least.
Daly was a stewards' advisor at Monza © suttons
He's been a grand prix driver and I haven't, but I do find that slightly surprising.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.