A bold new vision for the future of electric racing was launched this week, and AUTOSPORT was party to the exclusive unveiling as FondTech revealed its E-11 racer.
The car is the baby of FondTech owner and ex-Renault, Ferrari and Tyrrell Formula 1 engineer Jean-Claude Migeot and his project manager Luca Gasparini, who has had notable success working on Audi's uber-successful sportscar programme.
Their collective passion has led to a car which deviates from the conventional look of a single-seater and instead demonstrates an absolute purity of design, with its appearance almost wholly dictated by the freedoms and constraints created by utilising battery technology.
That means a high driving position with the three lithium ion battery packs built into the chassis for safety reasons. It also means a low rear wing and sidepods that help reduce drag and are possible due to the reduced need for cooling.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.