Motor racing and the environment. It's an issue that has been raised many times in recent years as the clouds of environmental consciousness have gathered over a sport that seems to be, in terms of its ideology, at odds with the needs of the 'greens'.
It is not an issue that is being ignored, however. AUTOSPORT engaged the opinions of two industry experts; Andrew Davis of the Environmental Transport Association and Williams F1's technical director Sam Michael, to find out how best to improve the sport's green credentials.
Andrew Davis, director of the Environmental Transport Association
Motorsport is not exactly the first industry you think of when looking at those taking a keen interest in 'green' issues, but it is an arena that can play a leading role in helping people reduce their impact on the environment.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.