Team Lotus spent a fair amount of the first half of the 2011 Formula 1 season in the spotlight due to the political situation between itself and Group Lotus over the rights to use the name.
But while this has been hitting the headlines, behind the scenes the British-based outfit has been quietly getting on with the job of establishing itself as a serious team within the paddock and on the track.
While the team's position in F1's pecking order does not seem to have improved much on last year, Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen have consistently been the best of the drivers from what are still referred to as the sport's 'new' teams.
AUTOSPORT caught up with the team's chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne to garner his thoughts on the season so far and find out why he's so confident of climbing the tree in 2012.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.