As Jenson Button left the McLaren motorhome last Saturday evening after a short celebratory get-together to mark his 200th grand prix start, someone pointed his glance up to the skies.
There, arching high above the Hungaroring and stretching far away in to the Budapest countryside, was a vivid rainbow: which said everything about the mixed weather conditions that had greeted Formula 1 over the weekend.
But it wasn't because of its beauty that Button smiled when he saw it. It was the potential of its hidden meaning that had got Button all excited.
For as he turned to the other members of 'Team Button', as the entourage of his father, girlfriend, manager and trainer have become known, he said: "Hey guys, do you remember the last time we left the track on a Saturday night and saw a rainbow? And do you know what happened the next day..."
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.