The German Grand Prix was an incredible race. What looked like being a Red Bull runaway earlier in the year has all changed with these remarkable McLaren and Ferrari comebacks.
It was an important win for Lewis Hamilton after some difficult races. That will give him a huge amount of confidence going into this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix, but given how strong Red Bull was in the middle sector at the Nurburgring, Hungary should be firmly in its territory.
But Ferrari, which made a big decision earlier in the year by getting rid of technical director Aldo Costa and putting ex-McLaren man Pat Fry in charge, is reaping the rewards of that action, while McLaren seems to be getting back on track after a few difficult races. It's going to be an unpredictable second half of the year.
Long corners dominate the Hungaroring © sutton-images.com
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.