Porsche will return to Le Mans in search of its 17th win in 2014. Since the late 1960s, the marque has become synonymous with the 24 Hours and claimed some stunning victories.
AUTOSPORT takes a look at some of Porsche's most dramatic, most dominant and most memorable wins to mark the announcement that it's headed back to la Sarthe.
10. A new start (1976)
Jacky Ickx/Gijs van Lennep - Porsche 936 Spyder © LAT
The new Porsche 936 Spyder made a victorious Le Mans debut, with Jacky Ickx and Gijs van Lennep at the wheel. The main opposition came from the Alpine-Renault team, which led early on, only for the Porsche to take the lead.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.