After Sebastian Vettel's hat-trick of pole position, victory and fastest lap in Valencia, it's worth taking a look at the tables with regards to where he stands in terms of strong starts to a season.
The German has scored six wins from eight races in 2011 and his advantage in the points means that he could sit out the next three races and still lead the championship. Below is a list of previous occurrences where a driver has achieved at least six wins in the first eight races:
|*Points advantage in terms of wins over the nearest rival|
Vettel would almost certainly be delighted to discover that the table above shows only world champions in the year they achieved that six-win haul.
The Red Bull ace also took his seventh pole out of eight races last weekend and is the third driver to achieve a similar sequence at the beginning of the season:
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.