Europe personal scorecard
• Sebastian Vettel won last year's European Grand Prix in comfortable fashion from pole position, but in 2009 he was not so lucky. He was force to make an extra pitstop after the fuel flow problem at the first time of asking, the problem contributing to a later engine failure. He hit the headlines in 2008, however, when he took his Toro Rosso to a 1m37.842s lap in qualifying, which was to stand as the outright track record for two years. His 1m37.587s lap in qualifying last year beat it.
• Mark Webber has never scored a point at Valencia, and last year endured a hair-raising barrell-roll while attempting to correct that statistic against the back of Heikki Kovalainen's Lotus. He has previously been on the European Grand Prix podium, but that result - in 2007 - came at the Nurburgring.
A drive-through ruined Hamilton's race last year © LAT
• Lewis Hamilton has never qualified outside the top three at Valencia, and has finished as the runner-up on three separate occasions. His races have never been without drama; neck spasms and an illness blighting his 2008 performance, an incorrect pit call in 2009 costing him the race and a penalty coming his way last year after overtaking the safety car.
Get back on track. Join today for unlimited access to all Autosport news and features.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from monthly, yearly and two-yearly packages.