Vettel walking away with it
He's had five wins from the opening six races of the season, and has never been off the podium in 2011. Oh yes, Sebastian Vettel is looking mighty.
Having stood on the rostrum twice as many times as his nearest challenger Lewis Hamilton, Vettel has opened up a massive 58-point advantage in the championship, the equivalent of 2.32 wins worth of points ahead of the Brit.
Using the same barometer of comparative points advantages from the first six races, Vettel's record stacks up well against that of a number of former champions.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.