Sorry to disappoint all you touring car fans out there, but the star performance from the DTM weekend at Zandvoort came not from Mike Rockenfeller, Martin Tomczyk or Edoardo Mortara, or indeed from any of the drivers competing in the showpiece event at the Dutch circuit.
Instead it came from a man who could have been in one of the older-spec Audi A4s this year, had his test in such machinery gone the right way, but who instead is proving that he is far too good for the Porsche Carrera Cup Germany.
I am, of course, talking about Nick Tandy, and I don't feel guilty at all about directing the attention of this column towards the Konrad Motorsport driver. His Carrera Cup car, after all, does have a tin-top, and his Dutch tale was certainly more interesting than most.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.