April 2, 2006. That's five years and one month, or 1855 days if you're counting. But why is that date so significant?
It is in fact the last time Ralf Schumacher made it onto the podium of a motor race; or at least, it was.
Now the 35-year-old German can answer that old podium question with a much more respectable date after taking his maiden rostrum finish in the DTM at Hockenheim last weekend.
Such a breakthrough result was hugely necessary for the six-time grand prix winner, who, his pole position at the Norisring last year notwithstanding, had failed to deliver the goods in his previous three years in the world's fastest tin-top series.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.