I'd followed him for long enough. The time had come to pass Alex Wurz. Yes, Alex Wurz, the two-time Le Mans-winning former Formula 1 racer. And I was going to pass him. Fair and square.
And I did.
There are a couple of things I probably should mention at this point; cars were not involved, we were on foot. But Wurz is still one of the most physically fit fellows in motorsport while I remain committed to Easter Eggs. So beating the year-younger-than-me Austrian was pretty impressive, yes?
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.