The DTM kicks off this weekend with its traditional Hockenheim season-opener and guaranteed fireworks, both on and off the track, in what is the championship's last year as a two-horse race.
With champion Paul di Resta having moved onwards and upwards to Formula 1, there's been something of a shuffling of the pack at Mercedes, with Norisring dominator Jamie Green moving back to the works HWA squad, Christian Vietoris taking the seat he's vacated and Renger van der Zande being given a year-old car in place of Cong-Fu Cheng.
Audi has not been left behind either, the manufacturer promoting Le Mans 24 Hours winner Mike Rockenfeller to one of its latest A4s in place of Martin Tomczyk and totally revamping its line-up of drivers in older machinery to include the likes of F3 Euro Series champion Edoardo Mortara and Race of Champions winner Filipe Albuquerque.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.