The Singapore Grand Prix is a great event - both as a race and for photographers. The night element is fantastic because it is unique and because it works here. You have got a great skyline that does work at night, and I would say that as digital photography has become more sophisticated it has become easier to capture.
When this race was first mooted, people were talking about the lights being three times brighter than Wembley Stadium - but they are nowhere near as bright as that, and nowhere near as bright as it looks on television.
Now that you can push the ISO of these digital cameras it makes it much easier. The first year it was quite tough, but it shows how quickly things change - because in year three we are not thinking about it as much.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.