• Sebastian Vettel's run of problems and dramas continued in Belgium. Here is a list of his results so far this season:
Bahrain: 4th (spark plug failure while leading)
Australia: DNF (brake failure while leading)
Spain: 3rd (brake failure while second)
Turkey: DNF (crashed into Webber while second)
Britain: 7th (puncture while second)
Hungary: 3rd (drive-through penalty for safety car restart)
Belgium: 15th (crashed into Button while third)
• Ferrari has not had a pole position in 30 grands prix, the last coming at Interlagos in 2008.
• Red Bull claimed its 12th pole of the season - the first time a team has done so since Ferrari in 2004. The team can reach the record of 15, set by McLaren in 1988 and '89, and Williams in '92 and '93.
• Fourth place was Vettel's worst qualifying performance of the season - he previous worst was third in Malaysia, Monaco and Turkey. Spa ended his runs of four pole positions and five front row starts.
Jenson Button © LAT
• Jenson Button qualified inside the top 10 at Spa for the first time in five years.
• Rubens Barrichello equalled his season's best qualifying in seventh, the previous occasion being in the rain at Sepang.
• Heikki Kovalainen reached Q2 for the second time this year and started from a season high 13th on the grid.
• Jaime Alguersuari achieved the best starting spot of his career in 11th.
• Bruno Senna and Sakon Yamamoto recorded Hispania's best starting spots in 18th and 19th.
• Timo Glock made it to Q2 for the second time this year.
• Both Saubers failed to make it through Q2 for the first time this year.
• Lewis Hamilton scored his 14th grand prix win, lifting him to 15th on the all-time list alongside Graham Hill, Jack Brabham and Emerson Fittipaldi. He also scored his sixth and McLaren's 140th fastest lap
• Mark Webber tied Alberto Ascari and Keke Rosberg with his 17th career podium.
• Robert Kubica claimed his third podium of the season. Nico Rosberg is the only other non-McLaren, Red Bull or Ferrari driver to have stood on the rostrum this season.
• Adrian Sutil matched his best result of the season, the fifth he scored in Malaysia.
• Jenson Button had not retired due to a crash since last year's Belgian Grand Prix, while Rubens Barrichello ended his run of 38 races without a crash (since Germany 2008).
• It was the first time Michael Schumacher has made it to the chequered flag outside the first two places at Spa. He was also beaten by a team-mate in Belgium for the first time.
• The pole-sitter has won just three of the last 17 races at Spa.
• It was the 10th consecutive victory for a McLaren or Ferrari at Spa, five each.
Get back on track. Join today for unlimited access to all Autosport news and features.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from monthly, yearly and two-yearly packages.