With the world championship fight still wide open, and little separating the leading teams in terms of competitive form, it is no surprise to see that the rate of development in F1 continues to be pretty aggressive.
Events at the British Grand Prix exposed the raw pulse of that technological push for all to see as well, when a new front wing at Red Bull Racing caused one of the biggest controversies of the season so far.
That front wing
Red Bull's old and new front wing sections at Silverstone © autosport.com
There is no doubt that the big talking point of the British Grand Prix weekend was the media storm surrounding the new front wing at Red Bull Racing - or more specifically the decision by the team to hand it to Sebastian Vettel shortly before qualifying.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.