For proof of just how fast the world of Formula 1 moves, look no further than Google News: In June, searching for the term 'FOTA' returned a result of around 300 news stories related to the latest activities of the Formula 1 Teams Association. It peaked at around 700 stories during the British Grand Prix weekend.
This week, though, the top 'FOTA' story is the tale of new arrivals, including a baby siamang gibbon, a colobus monkey and a ring-tailed lemur, at a similarly-named wildlife park in County Cork, Ireland.
The top FOTA (as in F1) news snippet is the five-day-old story (broken by AUTOSPORT) that Williams is seeking a new engine supplier for 2010.
When exotic creatures overshadow FOTA patter on Google News, the obvious question is whether or not the teams' alliance is a spent force.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.