The same trend continued in Formula 1 over the weekend in Turkey: Jenson Button was once again unbeatable, and the FOTA/FIA row did not seem to get any closer to a solution.
Despite not being on pole, Button took another big step towards his first title thanks to his sixth win in seven races, dominating the Turkish Grand Prix from start to finish to leave Istanbul with a 26-point lead.
Off the track, the drivers met to discuss the ongoing F1 crisis, and they showed their support of FOTA's view in the teams' body war with the FIA.
The matter, however, went unresolved again as the decisive 12th June date continued to edge closer.
THE BIG STORIES
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.