The first 'normal' grand prix of 2009 - but little change to the pecking order in Bahrain as Jenson Button won for Brawn again, with Red Bull and Toyota still his main rivals.
The formerly dominant Ferrari and McLaren squads could see light at the end of the tunnel at Sakhir, though. Lewis Hamilton had the best race of his troubled title defence so far, and Ferrari finally got on the 2009 scoreboard in front of its visiting president Luca di Montezemolo.
On a relatively quiet weekend in the paddock, the biggest news emerged from elsewhere, as the British Grand Prix ran into new trouble and Prodrive and Lola hinted at 2010 F1 plans.
THE BIG STORIES
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.