Personal scorecard - Bahrain
• Felipe Massa has won the last two Bahrain Grands Prix, and also scored the pole position and fastest lap in the 2007 race.
Juan Pablo Montoya in the 2005 German Grand Prix © LAT
• Robert Kubica scored his and BMW-Sauber's first pole position at Sakhir last season, and went on to finish third.
• Nick Heidfeld has only scored points twice in five visits to Bahrain, finishing fourth in the last two events.
• Fernando Alonso has won the Bahrain GP twice, in 2005 and 2006, and also qualified on pole in 2005. Last year's race was his first outside the points at Sakhir when he finished 10th.
• Jenson Button has retired three times in his five Bahrain GPs, but did finish on the podium in 2004.
• Rubens Barrichelllo also finished on the podium in 2004, in second, but has not finished in the points at Sakhir since.
Team scorecard - Bahrain
• Ferrari and Renault are the only teams to have won the Bahrain GP. Ferrari in 2004, 2007 and 2008, Renault in 2005 and 2006.
• McLaren's best finish in Bahrain is second place for Lewis Hamilton in 2007.
• Red Bull and Toro Rosso both suffered double retirements as Sakhir in 2007 and Toro Rosso has never scored a point in the event.
• No team has scored points in each of the five Bahrain GPs so far. McLaren has the best run with four consecutive scores after a double engine failure in 2004.
Anniversaries of the race weekend
April 25th, 2004: Jenson Button scored his maiden pole position and the first for BAR at the San Marino Grand Prix.
Get back on track. Join today for unlimited access to all Autosport news and features.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from monthly, yearly and two-yearly packages.