Isaac Tutumlu makes World Touring Car Championship exit
|Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 13:52 GMT|
Isaac Tutumlu has quit this year's World Touring Car Championship after a dispute with the Proteam Racing squad.
The 26-year-old Spaniard had raced for the BMW team alongside Mehdi Bennani at Monza, Valencia and Marrakech, but was forced to miss the fourth round in Slovakia due to severe damage suffered the previous weekend in Morocco.
Tutumlu says he has already agreed to switch into the Porsche Supercup, in which he has raced previously, with Attempto Racing. The series held its first of nine rounds, a double-header in Bahrain, on 21-22 April.
"During every meeting I have raced with them [Proteam] I had mechanical issues," Tutumlu said. "It was very hard to achieve good results in this way; [and] impossible to keep racing under the circumstances"
"Proteam Racing´s mechanics [were] very professional under the circumstances for me, always trying their best to have as good car as possible.
"I am joining Attempto Racing, my same team from 2011 [in the Porsche Supercup].
"The championship just started in Bahrain, so I have plenty of races ahead including both in Spain at Montmelo, where I will make my debut this season, and Valencia."