Ken Block sad about cutting back his World Rally Championship campaign
|By David Evans
||Friday, March 9th 2012, 02:58 GMT
Ken Block has admitted he is disappointed at the drastic reduction in his World Rally Championship programme this season.
The American is competing in this week's Rally Mexico, but will only be seen on two further WRC rounds - New Zealand and Finland - for the remainder of 2012.
Instead of more WRC action, Block will contest the full Global RallyCross championship and compete in more rallies in north America.
"I wish I was doing more WRC," said Block, "but there's just no more time. We've got a really busy programme at home this year, but I will be able to go to Finland which is one of my favourite events. Normally, Finland clashes with X Games, but this year X Games has been moved because of the Olympics."
While Mexico will be Block's first WRC round of the year, he has already won the 100 Acre Wood Rally in his two-litre Fiesta.
"It felt good in the car in America," said Block. "But it's just a national event and nothing like competing with these guys. Nothing beats being in a World Rally Car.
"I am still a novice here and need to keep working hard. The last time I saw a World Rally Car was on Rally GB last year. I had no test before coming here, but it felt good at shakedown this morning. A top-10 finish would be great here, but I'm just hoping for more luck than last year - I was devastated when the engine died going into stage one."