Sebastien Loeb disappointed by stage one Rally GB crash for Sebastien Ogier
|By David Evans||Thursday, November 10th 2011, 20:37 GMT|
Sebastien Loeb has admitted that he is disappointed in Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier's early departure from Rally GB.
Loeb said that he was hoping Ogier would be able to help him in his fight for this year's World Rally Championship title, but following his stage one accident, the second Citroen was forced to miss stages two and three.
Ogier will be running third from last when the rally restarts in Gartheiniog on Friday morning, more than 15 minutes adrift of Loeb.
"It's a shame," said Loeb. "It can make it a little bit more difficult now. It was going to be better for me if somebody other than [his title rival] Mikko [Hirvonen] won the rally, because the difference between second and third place is smaller than first and second. It would have been good if he [Ogier] had been winning the rally.
"Now, if I don't win and Mikko does, then it can come down to the powerstage and this is difficult. But, this is how it is, I'm on my own now."
Ogier's Citroen is now on its way back to Builth Wells where the team will re-prepare it for tomorrow morning.