Mads Ostberg is closing in on a deal to compete in the entire 2012 campaign
|By David Evans
||Thursday, August 18th 2011, 15:20 GMT
Mads Ostberg is closing in on a deal to contest the entire 2012 World Rally Championship in a Ford Fiesta RS WRC.
The Norwegian, who finished second on the season-opening Rally Sweden, is nearing the end of his budget for this year, but said he is hopeful of returning to the M-Sport outfit in 2012.
"At the moment, this is the last event we will be doing," said Ostberg. "We've got some guys at home who are working on the budget for Rally France - in fact they're working to find budget for all the rallies for the rest of the year. The deal for this year was to do the first eight rallies; Finland was the last one of those, but we found some more money to come here to Germany and I would really like to do France, Spain and GB.
"We will definitely be back next year, I'm not going to sit at home. We're working hard for next year and things are looking more positive. I'm positive about the chances that we can get a full budget for all of the rounds next year. That is what we hope to do that and it's looking very positive."
On the eve of Rallye Deutschland, Ostberg lies sixth in the championship standings having taken points from five of the eight rounds run so far this year.