Webber: No rush to sort out contract
|By Jonathan Noble
||Saturday, June 11th 2011, 22:20 GMT
Mark Webber says he remains in no rush to try and sort out a fresh contract with Red Bull Racing for 2012, despite claiming his current focus is on staying at the team for another year.
Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner prompted speculation that Webber is in the driving seat to remain as Sebastian Vettel's team-mate for another year earlier this weekend when he revealed the Australian had told him he wanted to race on.
And although neither party plans to enter serious contract negotiations until the summer, Webber said in Montreal on Saturday that he saw no reason to be thinking of anything other than staying at Red Bull Racing.
"I am comfortable, mate," said Webber, when asked by AUTOSPORT about his reaction to what Horner had said:
"I'm very comfortable. I am happy here. The guys have done a phenomenal job for me in terms of on the floor. The boys and mechanics, I am very happy with all that.
"But we will just keep talking. We don't have to rush. There is time to talk so we will keep doing that."
When asked if he was looking at options elsewhere on the grid, Webber said: "No."
Webber's contract has most recently been renewed on a year-by-year basis, with the team and driver both keen to keep their options open as their partnership continues.
As well as a future path at Red Bull Racing, speculation has also linked Webber with a move to Ferrari - although the Italian outfit recently said that Felipe Massa would definitely be staying for 2012.