Beatriz gets Dreyer & Reinbold seat
|By Matt Beer||Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 21:37 GMT|
Ana Beatriz has secured a full-time IndyCar drive with Dreyer & Reinbold for the 2011 season.
The 25-year-old Brazilian made four appearances with the team last year, taking a best result of 13th on her series debut at home in Sao Paulo.
"It's a dream come true that this has all come together," said Beatriz. "Last year was important for me to run four races to get adjusted and for this year I feel more prepared than ever.
"It's great to be back at DRR, they know me already and what it takes to make me grow as a driver."
Dreyer & Reinbold co-owner Robbie Buhl said he had very high hopes for the combination of Beatriz and Justin Wilson this season.
"I'm as excited as I've ever been," said Buhl. "I think this is the best focus we've had in years.
"We've put ourselves in another great position to have two very competitive entries and we couldn't be happier. Bia is an exceptional driver and we are thrilled to have her on board with us."
Beatriz takes the seat left vacant by Mike Conway's move to Andretti Autosport. She was one of several drivers who substituted for Conway during his injury lay-off last year.