Ducati's Nicky Hayden was quickest in the morning warm-up ahead of this afternoon's Valencia Grand Prix.
For much of the warm-up it looked like Hayden's team-mate Casey Stoner would maintain the form that had seen him top three of the four previous sessions this weekend, but the Australian was pushed back to third behind Hayden and Jorge Lorenzo's Yamaha.
Stoner briefly reclaimed second on his last lap, only for Lorenzo to go a fraction quicker and take the place back moments later.
Last year's winner Dani Pedrosa was the leading Honda rider in fourth, while front-row starter Marco Simoncelli (Gresini Honda) was in the top three for a while before falling to sixth behind Tech 3 Yamaha's Colin Edwards.
Hector Barbera impressed for Aspar Ducati in seventh, ahead of Valentino Rossi (Yamaha), who has not been on the lead pace all weekend.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m33.247s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m33.278s + 0.031s
3. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m33.389s + 0.142s
4. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m33.621s + 0.374s
5. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.717s + 0.470s
6. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m33.772s + 0.525s
7. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m33.778s + 0.531s
8. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m33.809s + 0.562s
9. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.810s + 0.563s
10. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m33.853s + 0.606s
11. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 1m34.024s + 0.777s
12. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m34.039s + 0.792s
13. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m34.200s + 0.953s
14. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m34.202s + 0.955s
15. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 1m34.229s + 0.982s
16. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m34.338s + 1.091s
17. Carlos Checa Pramac Ducati 1m35.409s + 2.162s