Lewis Hamilton is confident that the FIA will make the necessary changes to the Singapore Sling chicane in time for next year's race, following his complaints about the layout after practice.
Hamilton believes that the changes made for this year's race have not improved the corner - and he fears it could result in a bad accident if a car hits the kerbs in the wrong way.
But with his criticisms from Friday having grabbed headlines around the world, Hamilton was keen to play down the matter - and said it was best to leave it up to the governing body.
"I don't really want to talk about it any more," said Hamilton in Singapore on Saturday. "I made one comment about it yesterday and it has been blown way out of proportion.
"The FIA will do everything they can, as they have done a great, great job to try and make the circuit safer. I just said I think it has not made much difference. It is a little bit slower and we will deal with it this year and hopefully next year we will find a better solution."
Hamilton did fear, however, that the current design could prove very dangerous if an out-of-control car smacked the high kerbs.
"I think the chicane is always very tricky anyway," he explained. "You arrive at 160mph and then there is no run-off area behind the chicane, so you brake at just after 100 metres and from then on there is maybe 100 metres to the wall - maybe less.
"You saw Adrian Sutil yesterday clip it very lightly and take off. Last year we had a Red Bull brake failure into Turn 1. If that had happened there, he would be way over the fence.
"The kerbs are 15cm high, so we are working with the FIA as we did in the briefing to try and come up with another solution to help make it a little bit safer. It is important that all of us drivers do at least make a point as we are on the ones on track putting our lives at risk."
Subscribe to Autosport Plus
Register for free