Force India submitted yearly accounts
|By Jonathan Noble||Monday, March 1st 2010, 14:59 GMT|
Force India did submit its yearly accounts to Companies House by last week's February 25 deadline, AUTOSPORT has learned, thereby bringing an end to any talk that its future participation was in doubt.
The Silverstone-based outfit had been granted an extension to submit its accounts until last Thursday - and if it missed that cut-off point then the company could in theory have been dissolved.
However, the team said last month that getting the extension was normal business practice - and it has confirmed that it duly filed the accounts on time.
"The matter was a storm in a tea-cup, as there was never a real risk to us," Force India's CEO Otmar Szafnauer told AUTOSPORT about the intrigue surrounding his team's accounts.
"They [the accounts] were filed on February 25 - and it is normal to get extensions like that. For us it was always business as usual."
Force India completed its encouraging winter preparations at Barcelona last weekend, with both Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi upbeat about the prospect of challenging for regular points with the VJM-03.