Scot Racing withdraws from MotoGP
|By Pablo Elizalde||Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 12:45 GMT|
The Scot Racing team has announced it has withdrawn from MotoGP after the end of the 2009 season.
Scot, the 250cc world champion this year with Hiroshi Aoyama, said in a statement that Honda had been unable to deliver the bike due to an expired time limit relevant to the request.
The team will only race in Moto2 next year.
"After the happiness for the conquest of the world championship in the 250cc class for me and for the whole team this is a great disappointment, that no reward for all the work done over the years," said team manager Cirano Mularoni.
"Now we just have to concentrate on the project Moto2."
The team had an agreement to run Alex de Angelis next season.
Scot's withdrawal reduces the 2010 MotoGP field to just 17 bikes.