Piquet 'will not be bullied' by Renault
|By Pablo Elizalde||Friday, September 11th 2009, 15:53 GMT|
Nelson Piquet says he will not be "bullied again into making a decision I regret" after claiming he has nothing to fear following his accusations against the Renault team.
The French squad announced on Friday that it was launching criminal action against Piquet and his father, accusing the duo of attempting to blackmail the team with accusations of race-fixing at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.
On Friday afternoon, Piquet Jr issued a statement saying he has nothing to fear despite Renault's legal action, the Brazilian claiming he had told the FIA the truth.
"Regarding the current FIA investigation, I confirm that I have co-operated fully and honestly with the sport's governing body," said Piquet in the statement.
"Because I am telling the truth I have nothing to fear, whether from the ING Renault Team or Mr Briatore and whilst I am well aware of the power and influence of those being investigated, and the vast resources at their disposal, I will not be bullied again into making a decision I regret.
"I have every confidence in the FIA investigation and World Motor Sport Council and I will be making no further comment until the conclusion of the hearing of 21 September 2009."
The governing body's president Max Mosley said earlier today that Piquet had been granted immunity from being punished over the affair.