Berger keeping future options open
|By Jonathan Noble||Monday, January 26th 2009, 13:38 GMT|
Gerhard Berger has admitted that he still has unfinished business in Formula One - but says there will be no regrets if he never works in the sport again.
The Austrian left the sport at the end of last year after selling his 50 percent stake in Scuderia Toro Rosso to Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz.
And although he is not actively pursuing a return to action, having become a race-winning team boss last year, he has made it clear that he is far from finished with the sport.
When asked in an interview with this month's F1 Racing about whether he has achieved all his ambitions in Grand Prix racing, Berger said: "No. I love what I'm doing.
"When I stopped with BMW, I was worn out. Now, it's just a circumstance that happened. I'm quite happy to close a chapter with some success, and see what the future brings."
But despite leaving his future plans open, Berger says that he is not actively chasing a new opportunity to get him back into the sport.
"If there's something, then I look into it," he said. "I'm not looking."
He added: "It comes how it comes. I don't see a lot of sense to do something different because I've been in racing for 30 years. If I put my effort into something, I'd like to do it where I have the experience.
"But I'm relaxed. If it doesn't happen, I'm also happy to just go and watch races, and be a fan."