Tyre manufacturers to issue reaction
|By Toby Moody||Saturday, September 22nd 2007, 08:00 GMT|
MotoGP's three tyre manufacturers are expected to make an official response to Dorna's single tyre rule proposal at Motegi later today.
The series organiser announced this morning that MotoGP could switch to one tyre supplier for next season.
Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta said the proposal was a response "to the situation in which some factories believe that they can't have tyres which they think are competitive."
His comments came a day after the works Honda team revealed that they were keen to switch from Michelin to Bridgestone next year, only for the Japanese tyre company to respond that it had already told HRC it could not supply them.
Michelin, Bridgestone and Dunlop are set to issue a statement tonight at Motegi to 'confirm their united front' according to one insider.