Webber wants improved safety at Monza
||Monday, September 4th 2006, 13:23 GMT
Australian Mark Webber says the drivers will work with the organisers of the Italian Grand Prix to improve the safety of the Monza circuit ahead of this weekend's race.
The Italian track is the fastest on the calendar, with average speeds of over 250km/h.
"Monza isn't the safest circuit in the world, so we need to work with the organisers to find some way to make the track a little bit safer," said Webber, who is aiming to return to the points for the first time since April's San Marino Grand Prix.
Part of the circuit was resurfaced ahead of last week's test, catching everybody by surprise as track officials had not informed the tyre manufacturers of the changes.
Drivers were also concerned about the second Lesmo kerbs, where several had problems during the test last week.
"What I have heard is that on the outside of the kerb, the synthetic grass starts and that is running away from the kerb," said Bridgestone's technical manager Hisao Suganuma.
"So when tyres go on the kerb they start sliding."