Dani Sordo keen to remain with Hyundai for 2015 WRC
|By David Evans||Friday, May 30th 2014, 13:57 GMT|
Despite a troubled start to his Hyundai career, Dani Sordo says he wants to remain with the Korean firm for next year's World Rally Championship.
Last year's Rally Germany winner was the first i20 WRC driver to score a fastest time and lead a round of the world championship - on Rally Portugal - but has failed to finish any of the three events he has started, retiring with mechanical issues in Monte Carlo, Portugal and Argentina.
Sordo, who is not expected to be back in the car before he defends his German win in August, says he is impressed with the ambition and ability of his team.
"I feel really comfortable with the car," he said.
"The foundations are really good. Maybe we need some more power and to fix the small problems which are stopping us from finishing the rallies, but the car is really good.
"The team has a great future ahead and I am convinced that next year Hyundai will do great things.
"I want them to count on me again because I can see huge potential."
Sordo is one of six contracted drivers at Hyundai and only Thierry Neuville has an agreement for next season.