Tamas Pal Kiss and Andrea Roda topped the times in the two free practice sessions ahead of the fourth round of the Auto GP series at Monza this weekend.
Zele Racing's Kiss set a best of 1m37.059s in the morning's running, half a second ahead of Roda. The Virtuosi UK-run Italian driver headed one of the two female racers entered this weekend, Michela Cerruti, who was third fastest in her Super Nova Lola.
Her team-mate Markus Pommer was fourth fastest in the first session but completed just a single lap in the second after a suspected electrical problem affected his gear selection.
In the slightly slower second session it was Roda who headed the times, stopping the clocks at 1m37.697s.
Cristof Von Grunigen set the second fastest time as he prepares for his Auto GP bow this weekend with Zele Racing. The Swiss racer made a significant improvement of 1.4s in the latter of the 30-min.
Euronova's Japanese duo of Shinya Michimi and Yoshitaka Kuroda were difficult to split in each session, with the pair never more than a few tenths of a second apart.
They finished fifth and sixth respectively in session one, while Kuroda just got the better of his countryman in the afternoon running when the pair ended fourth and ffth overall.
Venezuelan racer Samin Gomez spent both sessions familiarising herself with her first run out in Auto GP to end up in 12th and 11th places.
The only notable drama came in the latter session when Loris Spinelli rotated his Euronova Lola-Zytek at the second Lesmo corner, just avoiding contact with the guardrail but beaching himself on the exit kerb.
Follow the first AutoGP race from Monza on AUTOSPORT Race Centre Live on Saturday May 31st at 14:30pm UK time
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Tamas Pal Kiss Zele 1m37.059s 13
2. Andrea Roda Virtuosi 1m37.502s +0.443s 15
3. Michela Cerruti Super Nova 1m38.269s +1.210s 13
4. Markus Pommer Super Nova 1m38.291s +1.232s 13
5. Shinya Michimi Euronova 1m38.460s +1.401s 13
6. Yoshitaka Kuroda Zele 1m38.562s +1.503s 12
7. Kevin Giovesi Eurotech 1m38.693s +1.634s 14
8. Christof von Grunigen Zele 1m38.725s +1.666s 13
9. Michele La Rosa MLR 71/Euronova 1m39.239s +2.180s 12
10. Giuseppe Cipriani Virtuosi 1m40.039s +2.980s 13
11. Loris Spinelli Eurotech 1m40.205s +3.146s 14
12. Samin Gomez Zele 1m41.131s +4.072s 10
13. Francesco Dracone Super Nova 1m41.633s +4.574s 10
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Andrea Roda Virtuosi 1m37.697s 14
2. Christof von Grunigen Zele 1m37.850s +0.153s 8
3. Kevin Giovesi Eurotech 1m37.873s +0.176s 11
4. Yoshitaka Kuroda Zele 1m37.967s +0.270s 13
5. Shinya Michimi Euronova 1m38.106s +0.409s 12
6. Tamas Pal Kiss Zele 1m38.157s +0.460s 11
7. Michela Cerruti Super Nova 1m38.179s +0.482s 14
8. Francesco Dracone Super Nova 1m38.876s +1.179s 13
9. Michele La Rosa MLR 71/Euronova 1m39.076s +1.379s 13
10. Loris Spinelli Eurotech 1m39.139s +1.442s 12
11. Samin Gomez Zele 1m39.347s +1.650s 11
12. Giuseppe Cipriani Virtuosi 1m39.376s +1.679s 14
13. Markus Pommer Super Nova No time set