Esteban Ocon comfortably topped practice as the fourth round of the Formula 3 European Championship got underway at Hungaroring.
The Prema driver was on top for the majority of the 80 minutes of running, constantly lowering the fastest time with a flurry of quick laps at the end, the best of which was a 1m35.801s inside the last 10 minutes.
That time was enough to keep him more than two tenths clear of Mucke's Felix Rosenqvist, who had languished mid-table until jumping to second with a 1m36.026s effort eight minutes from time.
Like the two ahead of him, Antonio Fuoco did his best work late in the session, a 1m36.329s lap earning him third, ahead of Briton Tom Blomqvist, who was the best of the Carlin drivers in fourth.
Max Verstappen was fifth fastest for Van Amersfoort, having been third at the 40-minute mark, while his team-mate Gustavo Menezes was sixth fastest, ahead of Carlin pair Jordan King and Antonio Giovinazzi.
Dennis van de Laar and Sean Gelael were ninth and 10th.
Lucas Auer, meanwhile, missed more than half of the session after a clash with Gelael, and wound up with just the 23rd best time overall.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap Laps
1. Esteban Ocon Prema Dallara-Mercedes 1m35.801s 20
2. Felix Rosenqvist Mucke Dallara-Mercedes 1m36.025s +0.224s 18
3. Antonio Fuoco Prema Dallara-Mercedes 1m36.329s +0.528s 18
4. Tom Blomqvist Carlin Dallara-VW 1m36.472s +0.671s 18
5. Max Verstappen Van Amersfoot Dallara-VW 1m36.522s +0.721s 20
6. Gustavo Menezes Van Amersfoot Dallara-VW 1m36.584s +0.783s 20
7. Jordan King Carlin Dallara-VW 1m36.612s +0.811s 20
8. Antonio Giovinazzi Carlin Dallara-VW 1m36.620s +0.819s 19
9. Dennis van de Laar Prema Dallara-Mercedes 1m36.632s +0.831s 19
10. Sean Gelael Carlin Dallara-VW 1m36.932s +1.131s 19
11. Felix Serralles West-Tec Dallara Mercedes 1m37.089s +1.288s 20
12. Tatiana Calderon Jo Zeller Dallara-Mercedes 1m37.194s +1.393s 20
13. Jake Dennis Carlin Dallara-VW 1m37.248s +1.447s 15
14. Roy Nissany Mucke Dallara-Mercedes 1m37.332s +1.531s 20
15. Mitch Gilbert Fortec Dallara-Mercedes 1m37.345s +1.544s 22
16. Alexander Toril T-Sport Dallara-NBE 1m37.601s +1.800s 19
17. Nicholas Latifi Prema Dallara-Mercedes 1m37.613s +1.812s 19
18. Felipe Guimares Double R Dallara-Mercedes 1m37.646s +1.845s 19
19. John Bryant-Meisner Fortec Dallara-Mercedes 1m37.648s +1.847s 20
20. Hector Hurst West-Tec Dallara Mercedes 1m37.648s +1.847s 18
21. Jules Szymkowiak Van Amersfoot Dallara-VW 1m37.732s +1.931s 19
22. Spike Goddard T-Sport Dallara-NBE 1m38.095s +2.294s 19
23. Sandro Zeller Zeller 1m38.800s +2.999s 19
24. Michele Beretta EuroInternational Dallara-Mercedes 1m38.919s +3.118s 20