Holden extends Triple Eight V8 Supercars deal
|Thursday, May 8th 2014, 13:42 GMT|
Holden has extended its deal with reigning V8 Supercars champion Triple Eight, ending speculation about its future involvement in the championship.
The Australian car manufacturer had previously only committed itself to the series until the end of the current season, following the announcement that it would be ceasing home production of its road vehicles in 2017.
The signing of a multi-year agreement secures the ongoing future of Triple Eight, which switched to Holden Commodores in 2010 and has won every V8 Supercars teams' championship since.
Team owner Roland Dane was delighted to be continuing his all-conquering charge with Holden.
"It's a natural step for us to continue our incredibly successful partnership with them," Dane said.
"Their continued commitment, in what is a changing marketplace, not only demonstrates their faith in V8 Supercars, but it also highlights the importance of motorsport as a fantastic sales and marketing tool."
Holden's continuation in the series will come as some relief to V8 Supercars chief executive James Warburton, although it has not been revealed how long the deal is for and whether it will surpass the current production of the Commodore.
"Holden is an iconic Australian brand with a long and successful history in motorsport," Warburton said.
"We are delighted that they have once again committed its support to V8 Supercars."
While Holden has extended its deal with Triple Eight, there has not yet been any mention of an extension with its flagship Holden Racing Team.