Marc Marquez continued his MotoGP dominance by topping the times in the post-Spanish Grand Prix test at Jerez on Monday.
The Honda rider, who took his fourth consecutive victory of 2014 on Sunday, went quickest with a time of 1m38.737s, outpacing Yamaha rival Jorge Lorenzo by over two tenths of a second.
Marquez finished his day's work early - around 14:30 local time - as the team found the track temperature was too high in the afternoon to obtain useful tyre data.
Marquez wants more exciting victories
Lorenzo's team-mate Valentino Rossi was third quickest ahead of the second Honda of Dani Pedrosa, who tested a new front suspension to try to improve the handling of his bike.
Gresini's Alvaro Bautista completed the top five, the Spaniard one of the busiest riders today with 73 laps covered.
Aleix Espargaro (Forward Yamaha) was the quickest man in the Open class, finishing eighth overall behind Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda) and his brother Pol on a Tech 3 Yamaha.
The most significant incidents of the day involved crashes for Andrea Iannone and Bradley Smith. Both riders were okay, but the Italian did not test in the afternoon.
Pos Rider Bike Time Gap Laps
1. Marc Marquez Honda 1m38.737s 55
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m38.999s +0.262s 62
3. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m39.063s +0.326s 58
4. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m39.377s +0.640s 51
5. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m39.635s +0.898s 73
6. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m39.713s +0.976s 70
7. Pol Espargaro Tech 3 Yamaha 1m39.780s +1.043s 68
8. Aleix Espargaro Forward Yamaha 1m39.797s +1.060s 41
9. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 1m39.840s +1.103s 58
10. Hiroshi Aoyama Aspar Honda 1m39.881s +1.144s 60
11. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 1m40.077s +1.340s 15
12. Scott Redding Gresini Honda 1m40.276s +1.539s 71
13. Michele Pirro Ducati 1m40.717s +1.980s 70
14. Karel Abraham Cardion Honda 1m40.723s +1.986s 43
15. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m41.231s +2.494s 74
16. Michael Laverty PBM Aprilia 1m41.357s +2.620s 38
17. Broc Parkes PBM Aprilia 1m41.925s +3.188s 55
18. Simone Corsi Forward Yamaha 1m42.333s +3.596s 45
19. Mike di Meglio Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m42.912s +4.175s 65