Andrew Jordan won the first British Touring Car Championship race at Thruxton, despite a surprise early challenge from Mat Jackson.
Jordan made a good start from pole and the Eurotech Honda Civic led comfortably into the first corner.
But behind, Jackson was in a feisty mood. His Motorbase Ford Focus forged by Gordon Shedden and then overtook the other Honda Civic Tourer of Matt Neal in the complex.
He charged up to the back of Jordan, putting the reigning champion under intense pressure for the first three laps.
Jordan held his nerve before setting new fastest times on laps four and five.
Jackson then slipped back towards the works Hondas. After several attacks, Neal dived down the inside into Campbell and completed the move at Segrave around half-distance.
Shedden followed him through and the duo pulled clear to complete a Honda 1-2-3, though Jordan was always out of reach.
Despite falling back, Jackson finished well clear of a fine battle for fifth.
Rob Collard's WSR BMW jumped into the spot off the line and the held off a pack that ultimately included Jason Plato's MG6, the VW Passat of Alain Menu, Colin Turkington's BMW (up from 13th on the grid) and Adam Morgan's Mercedes. At the flag, just over a second covered all five cars.
Jordan's win, despite carrying 36kg of success ballast, moves him clear of Plato at the top of the championship table.
Results - 16 laps
Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Andrew Jordan Eurotech Honda 21m03.891s
2. Matt Neal Honda +1.283s
3. Gordon Shedden Honda +2.760s
4. Mat Jackson Motorbase Ford +7.304s
5. Rob Collard WSR BMW +10.467s
6. Jason Plato MG +10.623s
7. Alain Menu BMR VW +10.796s
8. Colin Turkington WSR BMW +11.309s
9. Adam Morgan Ciceley Mercedes +11.496s
10. Sam Tordoff MG +12.848s
11. Jack Goff BMR Vauxhall +15.988s
12. Fabrizio Giovanardi Motorbase Ford +16.782s
13. Tom Ingram Speedworks Toyota +22.545s
14. Nick Foster WSR BMW +28.063s
15. Glynn Geddie UA Toyota +28.627s
16. Marc Hynes MG +29.134s
17. Rob Austin RAR Audi +29.932s
18. Lea Wood Houseman Toyota +30.213s
19. Jack Clarke Motorbase Ford +35.814s
20. Aiden Moffat Moffat Chevrolet +39.081s
21. Daniel Welch Welch Proton +43.023s
22. Aron Smith BMR VW +54.458s
23. Ollie Jackson Welch Proton +1m13.961s
24. Hunter Abbott RAR Audi +1 lap
25. Martin Depper Eurotech Honda +1 lap
26. Dave Newsham AmD Ford +2 laps
Simon Belcher Handy Toyota 8 laps
James Cole UA Toyota 3 laps
Warren Scott BMR Vauxhall 3 laps
Chris Stockton BTC Chevrolet 0 laps