Andrew Jordan dominated free practice for the British Touring Car Championship event at Thruxton.
Having set the pace in practice one, the Eurotech Honda driver recorded a 1m16.314s early in the second session. That was 0.2 seconds faster than the reigning champion's 2013 pole time and Jordan lapped consistently in the 1m17s.
It took some time before anyone approached Jordan's best, but Gordon Shedden (1m16.792s) and Matt Neal (1m17.090s) made it a Honda 1-2-3 with their works Civic Tourers.
Colin Turkington caused a red flag late in the second session, with an off at Allard, but his 1m17.266s from the morning was enough to put his WSR BMW 125i M Sport fourth overall.
Alain Menu was not happy with the balance of his BMR Volkswagen Passat, but his morning practice time was fifth in the combined standings.
Sam Tordoff's Triple Eight MG6 was fourth in practice two and sixth overall, just ahead of the Ciceley-run Mercedes A-class of Adam Morgan.
The Motorbase Fords have looked better so far this weekend, and Mat Jackson was in the top 10 in both sessions, his best being a 1m17.619s.
Shedden had set the pace for the first half of the opening session, at the start of a long run. He was consistently in the 1m18s and recorded a best of 1m17.248s.
That was the benchmark when Jordan went out on track in his Civic. He soon managed a 1m16.818s, and he and Shedden remain the only drivers so far to have broken the 1m17s barrier.
The final minutes of opening practice were marred by two red flags, after separate offs for Rob Collard and Aron Smith.
The pace of joint points leader Jason Plato is still unknown. The MG6 driver concentrated on set-up and longer runs for most of both sessions and Turkington's red flag curtailed a potentially faster effort.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap Laps
1. Andrew Jordan Eurotech Honda 1m16.818s 16
2. Gordon Shedden Honda 1m17.248s +0.430s 20
3. Colin Turkington WSR BMW 1m17.266s +0.448s 12
4. Alain Menu BMR VW 1m17.474s +0.656s 15
5. Mat Jackson Motorbase Ford 1m17.619s +0.801s 15
6. Sam Tordoff MG 1m17.751s +0.933s 21
7. Matt Neal Honda 1m17.846s +1.028s 20
8. Adam Morgan Ciceley Mercedes 1m17.852s +1.034s 16
9. Tom Ingram Speedworks Toyota 1m17.897s +1.079s 19
10. Fabrizio Giovanardi Motorbase Ford 1m17.902s +1.084s 15
11. Nick Foster WSR BMW 1m18.121s +1.303s 15
12. Jason Plato MG 1m18.165s +1.347s 17
13. Rob Austin RAR Audi 1m18.301s +1.483s 17
14. Jack Goff BMR Vauxhall 1m18.429s +1.611s 13
15. Glynn Geddie UA Toyota 1m18.453s +1.635s 16
16. Rob Collard WSR BMW 1m18.636s +1.818s 12
17. Dave Newsham AmD Ford 1m18.646s +1.828s 15
18. Lea Wood Houseman Toyota 1m18.767s +1.949s 15
19. Aron Smith BMR VW 1m18.777s +1.959s 13
20. Marc Hynes MG 1m18.982s +2.164s 16
21. Warren Scott BMR Vauxhall 1m19.002s +2.184s 16
22. Martin Depper Eurotech Honda 1m19.249s +2.431s 18
23. Simon Belcher Speedworks Toyota 1m19.270s +2.452s 15
24. Daniel Welch Welch Proton 1m19.508s +2.690s 17
25. Olile Jackson Welch Proton 1m19.668s +2.850s 12
26. Jack Clarke Motorbase Ford 1m19.685s +2.867s 20
27. Hunter Abbott RAR Audi 1m19.778s +2.960s 14
28. James Cole UA Toyota 1m20.663s +3.845s 11
29. Aiden Moffat Moffat Chevrolet 1m22.561s +5.743s 12
30. Chris Stockton BTC Chevrolet no time 4
Pos Driver Car Team Gap Laps
1. Andrew Jordan Eurotech Honda 1m16.314s 17
2. Gordon Shedden Honda 1m16.792s +0.478s 19
3. Matt Neal Honda 1m17.060s +0.746s 16
4. Sam Tordoff MG 1m17.473s +1.159s 20
5. Adam Morgan Ciceley Mercedes 1m17.573s +1.259s 19
6. Jack Goff BMR Vauxhall 1m17.667s +1.353s 19
7. Tom Ingram Speedworks Toyota 1m17.673s +1.359s 20
8. Glynn Geddie UA Toyota 1m17.740s +1.426s 19
9. Mat Jackson Motorbase Ford 1m17.822s +1.508s 24
10. Colin Turkington WSR BMW 1m17.848s +1.534s 9
11. Nick Foster WSR BMW 1m17.852s +1.538s 22
12. Fabrizio Giovanardi Motorbase Ford 1m18.110s +1.796s 16
13. Alain Menu BMR VW 1m18.158s +1.844s 15
14. Dave Newsham AmD Ford 1m18.172s +1.858s 14
15. Warren Scott BMR Vauxhall 1m18.482s +2.168s 18
16. Rob Collard WSR BMW 1m18.502s +2.188s 21
17. Jason Plato MG 1m18.518s +2.204s 18
18. Martin Depper Eurotech Honda 1m18.568s +2.254s 20
19. James Cole UA Toyota 1m18.626s +2.312s 18
20. Hunter Abbott RAR Audi 1m18.815s +2.501s 21
21. Marc Hynes MG 1m18.996s +2.682s 19
22. Jack Clarke Motorbase Ford 1m19.055s +2.741s 23
23. Rob Austin RAR Audi 1m19.257s +2.943s 19
24. Lea Wood Houseman Toyota 1m19.288s +2.974s 19
25. Aiden Moffat Moffat Chevrolet 1m19.352s +3.038s 20
26. Daniel Welch Welch Proton 1m19.823s +3.509s 21
27. Olile Jackson Welch Proton 1m19.919s +3.605s 20
28. Simon Belcher Speedworks Toyota 1m20.127s +3.813s 16
29. Chris Stockton BTC Chevrolet 1m22.304s +5.990s 5