Nick Yelloly set the pace on the opening day of the final 2014 GP3 pre-season test at Barcelona.
The British racer posted the fastest time during the morning session and his 1m35.104s benchmark remained unbeaten throughout the day.
Jimmy Eriksson continued his trend of finishing towards the top of the testing timesheets as he finished the day 0.478s off Yelloly's best, while ART's Marvin Kirchhofer also came within half a second of the ultimate pace in third.
Briton Alex Lynn emerged fourth fastest in the morning and stayed in that position despite going quickest in the afternoon.
The 2013 Macau Grand Prix winner finished ahead of ex-Lotus Formula 1 junior Richie Stanaway, who completed the top five.
Former Formula 2 runner-up Matheo Tuscher marked his return to the category - having tested the previous generation of car in 2012 - by posting the fourth fastest time of the afternoon session.
Pre-season testing concludes tomorrow.
Combined Wednesday times:
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Nick Yelloly Status 1m35.104s 65
2. Jimmy Eriksson Koiranen 1m35.582s +0.478s 57
3. Marvin Kirchhofer ART 1m35.590s +0.486s 40
4. Alex Lynn Carlin 1m35.663s +0.559s 62
5. Richie Stanaway Status 1m35.718s +0.614s 52
6. Patrick Kujala Manor 1m35.788s +0.684s 53
7. Alex Fontana ART 1m35.788s +0.684s 44
8. Robert Visoiu Arden 1m36.024s +0.920s 52
9. Santiago Urrutia Koiranen 1m36.031s +0.927s 33
10. Dino Zamparelli ART 1m36.082s +0.978s 42
11. Patric Niederhauser Arden 1m36.279s +1.175s 53
12. Matheo Tuscher Jenzer 1m36.280s +1.176s 51
13. Emil Bernstoff Carlin 1m36.358s +1.254s 48
14. Nelson Mason Hilmer 1m36.375s +1.271s 59
15. Dean Stoneman Manor 1m36.387s +1.283s 48
16. Adderly Fong Jenzer 1m36.409s +1.305s 59
17. Luis sa Silva Carlin 1m36.489s +1.385s 41
18. Jann Mardenborough Arden 1m36.513s +1.409s 53
19. Pal Varhaug Jenzer 1m36.513s +1.409s 44
20. Roman de Beer Trident 1m37.015s +1.911s 53
21. Alfonos Celis Jr Status 1m37.035s +1.931s 65
22. Ryan Cullen Manor 1m37.087s +1.983s 56
23. Ivan Taranov Hilmer 1m37.262s +2.158s 67
24. Victor Carbone Tident 1m37.294s +2.190s 60
25. Denis Nagulin Trident 1m38.167s +3.063s 49
26. Carmen Jorda Koiranen 1m41.076s +5.972s 39