Marc Marquez continued to set the pace at Austin after going quickest in the second Friday practice session for MotoGP's Grand Prix of the Americas.
The reigning world champion quickly retook his place at the top of the timesheets with his first flying lap of the session and comfortably remained there until the chequered flag.
His best time of 2m03.490s came early on in his second run and nobody could come within a second of beating it through the latter half of the session.
Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso showed good pace and managed to pip Marquez's Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa for second in the final few minutes, with Andrea Iannone just 0.046 seconds behind in fourth on the Pramac Ducati.
Valentino Rossi continues his impressive start to the season and was the top Yamaha once again, rounding off the top five, albeit 1.303s off the ultimate pace.
Open class honours went to Aleix Espargaro once again, as he narrowly edged Stefan Bradl by 0.026s for sixth.
The LCR Honda rider enjoyed his moment in the spotlight when he went second for a long spell mid-session while the majority of the field headed back to the pits for set-up changes.
He finished the day ahead of Jorge Lorenzo, who was visibly unhappy with the traction of his Yamaha.
Cal Crutchlow and his former Tech 3 team-mate Bradley Smith completed the top 10.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Marc Marquez Honda 2m03.490s
2. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 2m04.495s +1.005s
3. Dani Pedrosa Honda 2m04.623s +1.133s
4. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 2m04.669s +1.179s
5. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 2m04.793s +1.303s
6. Aleix Espargaro Forward Yamaha 2m04.844s +1.354s
7. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 2m04.870s +1.380s
8. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m04.976s +1.486s
9. Cal Crutchlow Ducati 2m04.981s +1.491s
10. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 2m05.366s +1.876s
11. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 2m05.453s +1.963s
12. Pol Espargaro Tech 3 Yamaha 2m05.672s +2.182s
13. Scott Redding Gresini Honda 2m05.937s +2.447s
14. Nicky Hayden Aspar Honda 2m06.188s +2.698s
15. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Ducati 2m06.376s +2.886s
16. Colin Edwards Forward Yamaha 2m06.880s +3.390s
17. Hiroshi Aoyama Aspar Honda 2m07.034s +3.544s
18. Karel Abraham Cardion Honda 2m07.053s +3.563s
19. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m07.211s +3.721s
20. Danilo Petrucci Ioda Aprilia 2m08.379s +4.889s
21. Michael Laverty PBM Aprilia 2m08.973s +5.483s
22. Broc Parkes PBM Aprilia 2m09.004s +5.514s
23. Mike di Meglio Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m09.247s +5.757s