Click to view our fantastic subscription offers

Instant access to the F1 paddock

You have 5 views remaining

You have read 10 stories this month. After 15, you will need to register or subscribe.

Register with us for free to view 30 stories a month.

Or subscribe to AUTOSPORT+ for unlimited news stories and access to our exclusive subscriber-only content.

Our commitment to quality journalism

We've introduced metered access to AUTOSPORT which will ensure that the majority of our visitors can continue to view the site for free. But we think that is worth a small investment from those who use it most, so that we can continue to send the leading experts in their field to motor racing paddocks all over the world to break the latest news and produce the most compelling interviews and race reports.

Every visitor gets 15 free page views per month. Once you reach the limit you can register to get 30 views or choose one of our value-for-money subscription packages to continue viewing and to get additional access to a range of features including:

  • Unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
  • Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
  • Get AUTOSPORT magazine in a digital format on your computer or iPad every week
  • Full access to FORIX - the world's best motorsport statistics website

We greatly appreciate your continued support to keep AUTOSPORT at the forefront of motorsport coverage, and we look forward to welcoming you as a new subscriber.


Glenn Freeman
AUTOSPORT.com Editor

autosport.com
Search:
Find out more about our subscriptions
  AUTOSPORT+ LOGIN AUTOSPORT Plus  
Username:
Password:
GT NEWS 

Bentley poised to pick Duncan Tappy for Blancpain Endurance Series

Duncan Tappy

British sportscar driver Duncan Tappy is closing on a drive with Bentley in this year's Blancpain Endurance Series.

Tappy, who has raced Mercedes and McLaren machinery in the BES over the past two seasons, was among 11 drivers tested by Bentley and its M-Sport team for the three vacant seats in its second Continental GT3, but the only one to be invited back for a second try-out.

The 29-year-old tested at the Algarve circuit in February and also drove at last week's official Blancpain test at Paul Ricard.

Bentley motorsport boss Brian Gush, who confirmed that both its BES entries would run in the Pro class, said: "That's a good sign for Duncan, but we are still pretty open.

"We haven't put a deadline on a decision, but we need to to make those decisions in the next two weeks because the first race [at Monza on April 13] is only four weeks away."

Tappy was unavailable for comment.

The other drivers tested by Bentley were Alex Brundle, Ho-Pin Tung, Jamie Campbell-Walter, Stuart Hall, James Walker, Antoine Leclerc, Stephen Jelley, Michael Meadows, Paul Rees and Nico Muller.

Bentley has confirmed that Steven Kane, Guy Smith and Andy Meyrick, who gave the Continental GT3 its race debut at last December's Gulf 12 Hours in Abu Dhabi, will remain with the team.

Gush said: "We are very happy with them and they work well together; they showed that in Abu Dhabi."

Subs
  More news  
    advertisement
  RELATED LINKS
Read the AUTOSPORT Digital Edition
Visit the autosport.com shop
See highlights from 60 years of AUTOSPORT
Haymarket